[Port] Download Galaxy S7 Apps for Galaxy S6 and Note 5
Samsung Galaxy S6 and the current flagship phablet, Galaxy Note 5 have performed well until now. There are a lot of people who have bought these devices and they are are satisfied with their performance. Samsung has released an Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update with minor changes to the Touchwiz user interface. The update bring new animations, new lock screen interface, and according to Samsung Android 6.0.1 brings also better RAM Management.
Samsung unveiled the Galaxy S7 lately and now it is available on markets world wide. As usually people tend to have the latest goodies in their hands. But does it really worth upgrading from Galaxy S6 to Galaxy S7? If you don’t wanna get the new device than better try its featured apps. A developer at the XDA named as Albe95 has ported the Galaxy S7 apps to Galaxy S6 and Note 5. The apps will work on both in the edge and normal variant.
He hasn’t ported all the apps but still there are plenty of them so you can feel the Galaxy S7 experience on Galaxy S6 and Note 5. To install your devices your phone must be updated to latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. So if you haven’t updated your device yet go ahead and update it. Usually you should get an OTA update but in case you haven’t get it yet then you should download the firmware and install it manually.
The best feature of Galaxy S7, Always OD Display is not included in this package because it’s a very complex app and it needs kernel tweaks to make it work on other devices such as Galaxy Note 5 or Galaxy S6. But even though this coolest app is not in this package still you can enjoy all the other apps such as Galaxy S7 Game Launcher, Galaxy S7 Labs and much more.
- S7 Game Launcher -> Download
- S7 Wallpaper Picker -> Download
- S7 Galaxy Labs -> Download
- S7 Weather Widget -> Download
- S7 Theme Store -> Download for 6.0.1 | Download for 5.1.1 (Install as normal apk)
- S7 Galaxy Apps and Widget -> Download (Both for 6.0.1 and 5.1.1, simply extract the APK from Zip and install as normal APK)
How to install Galaxy S7 apps to Galaxy S6 and Galaxy Note 5
Few of the ported apps are available as apk files and you can install them easily while some others are packaged in a zip file and they can be installed using the steps below:
- Step 1: Download the apps and move them to your phone internal storage.
- Step 2: Reboot your phone into Recovery. To do that press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power Button in the same time. When the Galaxy logo appears simply release them and your phone will boot into Recovery.
- Step 3: In TWRP Recovery navigate to install section. Then select the zip file you want to install and select OK. See the picture below as a reference.
- Step4: Flash all the apps you wanna install and then reboot your phone.
That’s all you have installed successfully Galaxy S7 apps on the Galaxy S6 or Note 5.
If you don’t have TWRP Custom Recovery installed then extract the zip files and copy the apk files. Go to /system/priv/app and paste the apk files. Set the right permissions (rw-r-r) and reboot your phone. If you are in stock ROM you have to delete the arm folder.