In this guide we are going to learn how to install TWRP Custom Recovery and Root T-Mobile Galaxy Note Edge. This guide is comes thanks to a Recognized Developer at the XDA community named as TEKHD. Thanks to him now you can install TWRP Custom Recovery and Root T-Mobile Galaxy Note Edge. Make sure to follow carefully all the steps below and don’t skip a single one otherwise you can get any trouble. So without further ado let’s jump into the tutorial.
This guide is only for T-Mobile Galaxy Note Edge running one of the following firmware:
Android KitKat 4.4.4:
This guide also work on Android Lollipop firmware N915TUVU1BOD7.
To check your phone firmware go to Settings > About Phone. Please make sure your phone is running one of the firmware listed above before continue further.
This guide involves in flashing files and it will trigger the KNOX value and you can’t do anything to revert it back. So it will void your warranty and you won’t receive any kind of free service from the manufacture. Here at DoryLabs no one shall held responsibility for any trouble happens to your phone. We only provide guides that in most of the cases are tested and work fine. But this doesn’t mean that problems won’t happen. So if you want to continue to root and install a Custom Recovery on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note Edge proceed at your own risk.
How to root and install TWRP Custom Recovery On Galaxy Note Edge
- Download SuperSU-v2.46 zip file and put it on the phone internal memory. Do not unzip the file simply download and move on the phone.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your computer.
- Download and unzip CF-AutoRoot file.
- Open the extracted folder and look for an app named Odin3 v3.07.exe
- Right-click on the app and run it as administrator.
- Make sure the app look like the picture below with those two boxes checked.
- Turn of your phone and boot into Download Mode. To do it press Volume Down + Home + Power Button at the same time.
- A warning screen will appear and you will need to press Volume Up to enter Download Mode.
- Check the ID:COM box to make sure Odin has recognized your phone.
- If not then you have not installed correctly Samsung USB Drivers. Try reinstalling the drivers.
- If Odin recognizes your phone you are Ok and can continue.
- Now click on PDA Tab and select the CF-Auto-Root-trltetmo-trltetmo-smn910t.tar.md5. from the extracted folder.
- Click on Start.
- Odin will try to flash SuperSU but in the end it will fail. Don’t worry this is normal.
- With the fail message on the screen disconnect the phone from PC.
- Remove the battery and put it back.
Now you will need to install the TWRP Recovery on your T-Mobile Note Edge. So boot your phone again on Download Mode and connect it to PC. Download the recovery from the link above somewhere on your computer. Now if you noticed that Odin recognizes the phone click on the PDA Tab and look for a file called twrp-126.96.36.199-trltecan.img.tar. Select it and then click START. Odin will flash the recovery. Now you have succesfully installed TWRP Custom Recovery on T-Mobile Galaxy Note Edge.
The next step is to complete the rooting process. Turn of your phone and this time boot into Recovery. To do that press Home + Volume Up +Power Button at the same time. You will something like the picture below:
Now to complete the rooting process you will need to update SuperSU-v2.46.zip & External SD Card Fix. Firstly go to Settings > Screen > and uncheck “Enable Screen Timeout” and set brightness to 10% to prevent display issues when using TWRP Custom Recovery.
Boot your phone into recovery again tap on install and select UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip. Swipe to confirm flash and wait for it to finish. Do not close recovery yet. You should also flash LOLLIPOP – Ext SD Card Write Fix or KITKAT – Ext SD Card Write Fix depending on your Android version. Now exit recovery and boot your phone normally.
Now go to app drawer and you should see SuperSU installed and fully working. Open SuperSU and in it will ask you to be updated. Update it and it should work fine.