The smartphone comes with many useful features which are really helpful and one among them is call recording. People are not always interested in such feature but it has great importance for some who can use it in form of proof. It is very useful when something is required to be noted down for details gives on call.
On some smartphone models is quite easy to record a call while on some others you need to put some effort to activate this feature. In this piece of content, we will show you how to enable call recording on Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro. To do so read further and make sure to read all the content carefully.
If you have Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro and you want to enable call recording then your device must have the bootloader unlocked and at the same time must be rooted. Most importantly there must not be another third party call recorder installed on the phone as it can interrupt the whole processing. It’s recommended you save your important files somewhere else because it never knows what happens when you mess up with the system.
How to activate call recording on Huawei Mate 10 & Mate 10 Pro
- Download the HwCallRecorder.zip somewhere on your computer.
- It’s a zip file hence you will need to extract using apps such as WinRar archive.
- Connect the phone to your computer and transfer all the data of the extracted folder to your phone internal storage.
- Download and install a files explorer with root access from Play Store. A good one is ES File Explore or even Root Explorer.
- Open the file manager and copy the HwCallRecorder folder to /root/system/app
- Set permission as shown in the image below. You can learn more about how to set permissions on Android here.
- Make sure to set the permissions on the HwCallRecorder folder as shown in the image above:
- Badmania98 has introduced this process of enabling call recording but it is not sure whether this will work without rebooting or not. So, it’s time to reboot the device so that all the changes can be applied.
- Now once all these processes are completed next step is to visit phone app. Clicking menu which has three dots will open Settings.
- The menu has many options but you need to enable Call Recording feature.
- Go to Settings, identify and access option Automatic recording calls.
- Enable Automatic recording calls and go to Settings automatic recording.
- Select All calls or Numbers from the list.
How to access the recorded call files
- Open the Huawei Phone App
- Press the 3 dot menu button
- Access the Call Records
You have successfully enabled call recording on Huawei Mate 10 and Huawei Mate 10 Pro. If you have any other question feel free to write us in the comment section below. We would be happy to know your thoughts and help you if you need any guidance on solving any issue with your device.