Are you experiencing problems with your Galaxy Note 4. Is it having signal issues and you can’t make a good phone call. Is your friends complaining that he can’t heard you well while having a phone call. Is your device suddenly having internet issues while you are using mobile data. Definitely it’s the modem fault and you have to flash another one.
But what is the modem and what it actually does? Well, it is some kind of a driver which is responsible for mobile signal. It control the way your phone sends and receives data connection as well as switching from GPRS, 3G and 4G. If your phone doesn’t have the right modem it might have signal issues such as lost of signal, low internet speed and such things.
You may ask now how can it be possible that your phone doesn’t have the right modem because you have bought it new. The answer is so easy. Samsung made the devices depending on the place they will be sold. So the European variant of Galaxy Note 4 doesn’t have the same modem as Verizon variant. Samsung made this to give it’s users better performance.
But sometimes it don’t seems to be so. You may have bought an American variant of Galaxy Note 4 and probably you live in an European country that’s why you are having problems. No matter where you live and what kind of phone do you use. If you are experiencing signal and mobile data issues with your Galaxy Note 4 you would better flash another modem. To do so follow the guide below.
How to flash different modems (radio & baseband) on Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for anything happens to your phone. We only provide the files and the guide but if anything goes wrong don’t put your finger on me. Do it at your own risk.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Don’t flash this files on other devices because it might result in breaking the signal and then you have to find the proper modem for your device, something that may be very difficult.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Note 4. If you don’t know how to do, visit our guide here.
- Make sure the battery is charged more than 60% so your phone will not go dead during flashing procces. If it goes dead you may experience lot of problems with your device, you would better avoid this.
- Make sure USB Drivers are properly installed on your computer otherwise you can’t flash the modem files because the computer will not recognise your phone.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Modems (Radio & Baseband). Download here.
- Odin flash tool for Samsung devices. Download here.
- Samsung USB drivers.
How to flash modems
- Download and install Odin flash tool on your PC.
- Download Note 4 modem and move somewhere on your PC where you can find it easily.
- Put your Galaxy Note 4 into Download Mode.
- Launch Odin on your PC.
- Connect the phone to computer using a USB cable.
- On Odin click on Phone Tab and select Modem.bin file you downloaded.
- Click Start.
- Wait for Odin to finish flashing the file. The phone will be restarted and then it will be ready.
Go to Phone > About Device and check if the baseband has changed.