Samsung Galaxy S6 receives the first Custom Recovery port. TWRP, Team Win Recovery Project which is available for many Android smartphone finally landed on Galaxy S6. It is the most popular Recovery for Android devices and offers a touch user interface.
Every smartphone or tablet has a stock recovery installed by default but it allows you to perform only basic actions such as Wipe Data, Factory Reset and update the Android version. But in Android world nothing is limited. Developers want more so they have created Custom Recoveries which allow you to flash different files and modify system.
If you love Android and like to experience new things on your device, you should install a Custom Recovery. It will allow you to flash different files like Mods and Custom ROMs to give your phone a new look and improve performance as well. TWRP Custom Recovery is probably the best you can find around. So go ahead and install TWRP on Galaxy S6.
Note: I shall not held any responsibility for any damage caused to your device. Here at DoryLabs we only provide the guides but only you can decide to go further or not. So if you want to install TWRP Custom Recovery on Galaxy S6 proceed at your own risk.
Getting Things Ready
- The TWRP Custom Recovery you are going to find here will work only on Galaxy S6 devices. The Recovery is designed to work on all variants of the phone. Do not try to install it on any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 70% to ensure that the phone will not shut down during the installation of TWRP Recovery.
- Enable Developer Options / USB Debugging on your phone. If you don’t know how to do it, follow our guide.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
Install TWRP Custom Recovery On Galaxy S6
Before continuing to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S6 make sure you meet all the requirements above.
First Method – Root Required
How To [Guide]
- Download TWRP Manager and Install it on your phone.
- Download zeroflte file and put somewhere on your phone internal memory.
- Open TWRP Manager.
- Tap on” Install TWRP”.
- Select zeroflte file you already downloaded.
After TWRP Manager finishes installing the file, your Galaxy S6 will have TWRP Custom Recovery installed.
Second Method – Using ODIN3
How to [Guide]
- Download and install ODIN V3.09 on your PC.
- Download TWRP file from link above on your PC.
- Press Power button and turn off the phone.
- Put it on Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Button.
- Press one more time the Volume key to confirm.
- Once the phone is boots in Download Mode connect it to PC using a USB Cable.
- Check the ID:COM box. It should change the colour if computer recognise the phone.
- Depending on your Odin version, click on PDA or AP tab.
- Select the TWRP tar.md5 file you downloaded from link above.
- Check Auto Reboot and Factory Reset.
- Uncheck Re-Partition.
- Click on install.
That’s all! You have successfully installed TWRP Custom Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S6.