At the moment, Huawei released Android 8.0 Oreo update only for the Huawei Honor 9 C900 and the AL the Chinese version. Unfortunately for other versions, there is nothing official yet.
However, there is a way to get Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei Honor 9 and below you will find a very detailed guide how to do that.
What are the features of Android 8.0 Oreo?
- Autofill remember features on your login with your permission in an aircraft speed.
- 2X faster booting time, major in the Google Pixel.
- It minimizes the background activities of the app which you use and increase your mobile speed.
- Android Oreo allows you to split your mobile window into two parts so that you can use 2 apps simultaneously on one screen.
- Drive into notification dots and teleport instant apps.
- Google play protects security up gradation.
- Adoptive icon and the ambient screen will push you to implement it as soon as possible.
How to install and diagnose Android 8.0 Oreo in the Huawei Honor 9:
Install Android Oreo on Huawei Honor 9:
- First of all, you should copy the firmware file like L09-B321 to MSD Card’s root.
- Flash the TWRP recovery via fastboot. If you haven’t used it before you can have a look at this full guide about adb and fastboot.
- Now boot your phone for recovery and connect to your computer.
- After that open an adb shell and download from here if it is not available in your system.
- Now write the following commands on the adb shell;
dd if=/external_sd/STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery_a dd if=/external_sd/STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery2_a echo --update_package=/sdcard/update.zip > /cache/recovery/command echo --update_package=/sdcard/update_data_full_public.zip >> /cache/recovery/command echo --update_package=/sdcard/update_full_STF-AL00_all.cn.zip >> /cache/recovery/command
- Last but not least reboot into the recovery, again via adb shell or twrp terminal:
The installation should start and the phone will boot into Android Oreo, but we are not done yet.
- Every file you will need on this process download here.
You should have noticed that a few things are missing such as boot animation, ringtones, the theme store is not loading and few other things. To fix this you will need to follow the steps below.
Install TWRP and Fix Recovery Issues:
- Firstly install TWRP recovery by executing the below command.
- fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-3.1.1-oreo-stf.img
- Now boot your device into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode flash supersu.zip file.
- Open File Explorer and go to /cust/hw rename “normal” folder to “eu” (without the quotes)
- Now go to the version folder and click on /special_cust/STF-L09/hw folder. Here you’ll get a folder name common rename it with EU.
- It’s time to restart your device and you’ll get that error was fixed.
Sometimes if you restart the device and face this problem then unroot the device and reset the factory setting.
- Flash stock ramdisk to ramdisk partition using fastboot:
- Flash stock recovery ramdisk using fastboot:
- Boot into recovery and then do a factory reset
- Setup your device and enjoy a clean, fully working oreo installation!
Rollback the whole steps:
A technician work on the any field or platform must know the rollback process in the worst situation. So here’s the rollback process you can go through if your issues doesn’t solve or due to any other reasons; steps are below;
- First of all copy two folder rollback.zip and NoCheck recovery and paste in the root of the Micro SD card.
- Be careful with the debugging in developer option, it should be turned on this time.
- Now connect your mobile to your system.
- Open ADB shell, download links given above and write the code;
dd if=/storage/sdcard1/STF_RECOVERY_OREO_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery_ramdisk dd if=/storage/sdcard1/STF_RECOVERY_OREO_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/erecovery_ramdisk echo --update_package=/sdcard/update_rollback_al10c00b190.zip > /cache/recovery/command
- The mobile device will be restart and here you flash NoCheck recovery and change it to recovery. Whereas creating partition for recovery2;
Fastboot flash recovery STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img
Fastboot flash recovery2 STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img
- Now boot your device again and the problem will be solved.
Fix the File Manager:
- Open the File Explorer from your root directory and go to the cust/* folder.
- Now click on the /hw folder in /cust and create a folder named normal.
- In the normal folder which is created by you now create another folder named app
- Go to the HWCloudDrive_Local which is allocated in the /cust/hw/eu/app copy this folder and paste this folder in the location which you’ve just created means /cust/hw/normal/app
- Restart the system and your problem will be solved.