The mobile phone super-giant which had ruled the industry for decades once again came into the race of the modern day mobiles with its new Nokia 8 device. Nokia has done a great job in designing the handset to meet the specifications in its price range. The company had made sure in maintaining their standards in the build quality, for what they are well known for.
After Google had released its beta Android Oreo update, Nokia released the latest stable Android 8.1 Oreo update for Nokia 8. It has many new features like-
- Battery Saving Navigation Buttons
- Revamped Power Menu
- New Setting Menu
- Bluetooth Battery Percentage
- Update Google Security Patch 2018-02
After Pixel2, Nokia 8 is the first smartphone to receive Android Oreo update. Nokia aired out the update via OTA (Over-the-Air), which means not all users can download the update at the same time. So if the user does not get the update in his area he can download it manually.
Nokia 8 was launched in September 2017 with Android 7.1.1 Nougat and later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo. It contains the February 2018 patch which updates the device by incorporating some sorts of bug fixes along with the patch for a critical security vulnerability in Media framework.
The update weighs about 1562.7 MB in size and comes with build ID number v4.84A. As announced by The HMD Global, all the Nokia smartphones will receive Android updates for a minimum of two years. The stable version of Android 8.1 Oreo update for the Nokia 8 can be easily installed by following our guide at home itself.
Before downloading the update:
- Your phone should have a battery level of about 80%.
- Be sure to take a local backup of all your data. Install a stock recovery on your device.
- Remember to unroot your device and install the correct USB Drivers for the Nokia 8 on your PC.
- Be sure to have a Nokia 8 before proceeding further as this firmware is only meant for the same.
- Be sure of a stable Wi-Fi connection before starting to download the update. Follow the steps as said; else you may end up in a soft bricked device.
How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Nokia 8
- First and foremost, we have to connect Nokia 8 to PC with the help of a USB cable.
- We have to download the firmware file from the link: Download stable Android 8.1 Oreo Official Update OTA file.zip. Secondly, we have to transfer the file containing the firmware to the root folder of internal storage on the device.
- Now turn off the device. Switch it on by simultaneously holding the Volume and Power keys. Here you will see something on the screen called as the bootloader mode.
- You should use the Volume Down button to scroll down to Recovery and choose it. We have to reboot our device into recovery mode and install update from SD card.
- Now we have to navigate to the location on the SD Card where our OTA firmware file is placed. Hit it using the Power button and press confirm for the installation to proceed.
- Finally, we have to go back to the recovery menu after the completion of this installation and hit Reboot System now option to finally give our phone a new look with the new update!!
Juho Sarvikas, the HMD Global’s chief product officer has thus rightly tweeted, “ Get the sweetest Android to date!” and so do we wish our viewers a happy browsing.