Hotspot is a neat feature provided by a smartphone. It’s quite useful especially when traveling. It reduces the use of carrying an extra dongle. Not in every place, you can find some WiFi but of course, you can use your mobile data. Even though the smartphones today can do the same things or even more than a computer can do, sometimes it can be more practical to use a computer.
If you are from the US, there are fewer chances that you may be aware of the hotspot. Almost every carrier in the US disables the hotspot feature on mobiles deliberately. Usually, a normal person doesn’t dig so deep into the Settings to know about the hotspot. Normally, carriers in the US don’t allow the users to share their data unless they pay more buck.
The same problem has been repeated in the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 also. To pass this restriction users are searching for different ways.
There are some methods which will help you in trespassing this restriction and enable the hotspot on Galaxy Note 8. The best way is to edit the APN Settings and enable Native Hotspot on your Galaxy Note 8.
Here is a quick guide how to do it:
- There is an app named Short Cut Master or Short Cut Master Lite that will help you to change the APN settings. This app isn’t made to enable hotspot. It was developed to unveil shortcuts codes or any shortcuts that are hidden on your Android device.
- As the carriers just disable the hotspot setting, it’s easy to enable it with Short Cut Master.
- Download and install Short Cut Master from Play Store.
- Open the app and click on the three dots menu present on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on App Explore. It may take a while to load all the apps.
- Search for com.test.LTEfunctioality in the apps or alternatively you can search the text in the search bar.
- Select LTEFunctionalityTest and open its menu.
- Click on launch option in the menu.
- Locate LTE APN settings on the screen and pick the APn setting that you want to edit and make changes.
- The LTE APN settings name will be different for different carriers.
- Select the APN Type in LTE APN settings.
- Add the term DUN to the settings, DUN means default, mms, DUN.
- Open the menu and click on save to save the settings.
- You have an option to add new APN Setting too.
- After doing the necessary changes, click on the menu button and then select save.
- Exit the app.
It is necessary to edit the changes whenever the app gets updated. A better option would be to disable the auto-update in Play Store.
This the quicked and easiest way to enable the native hotspot on Galaxy Note 8. No root is required and the process won’t take much time. The hotspot allows the users to share data from one device to another. This reduces the data cost of other devices. This is the main reason why the carriers disabled the native hotspot on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
The steps mentioned above will enable the hotspot on Galaxy Note 8 by editing APN setting without costing a penny for you as a user.