Galaxy S4 LTE-A users can install the official Galaxy Note 4 Lollipop firmware. A developer at the XDA named as t-shock has ported the firmware directly from Galaxy Note 4 and made it available to install on Galaxy S4. The firmware with the build number N9106WZNU1BOA7 contains all the features and optimizations that Samsung brings to Note 4.
The developers also let us know in the thread he has created at the XDA that the firmware is also based on Note 3 Lollipop. So expect the Note 4 features like Pre-Rooted and Knox-Free the firmware contain also the Note 3 features such as De-odexed and De-bloated and six new wallpapers with better RAM management.
The developer admits he has done a hard work to successfully port Galaxy Note 4 Touchwiz Lollipop firmware on Galaxy S4 and until now it results to be a good job. Everything seems to work fine. The only bug founded is that not all sensors can work.
Note: We remind you that we do not held any responsibility if your phone get damaged during the flashing process. We strongly recommend to proceed at your own risk.
- This firmware is only for Galaxy S4 LTE-A variant with model number GT-I9506. Go to Settings > About Phone and check model number. Don’t flash it on other phone because it will result in bricking your phone.
- Always do a backup before performing such actions. It’s recommended to do the backup using a Custom Recovery because it will make a full copy of the existing files and phone setup.
- Make sure your Galaxy S4 has at least 70% battery so it will not shut down unexpectedly and this will result in soft bricking.
- Make sure your phone is rooted and CWM Custom Recovery is installed.
- Install the proper drivers on your computes otherwise it will not recognise the phone.
- Enable USB Debugging. If you don’t know how to do it check here.
How To Install Note 4 TouchWiz Lollipop Firmware On Galaxy Note 4
- Download the files from link above.
- Flash the stock KitKat firmware via Odin. If you don’t know how to do, take a look at our guide here.
- Install a Custom Recovery via Odin. TWRP recommended.
- Turn off your phone and boot into Recovery.
- Wipe System, Cache, Dalvik Cache, Preload data.
- Install Note 4 firmware.
- Install kernel from arter 97.
- Reboot and Enjoy!
The first boot may last more than usually. Sit back and relax. Your phone will turn on shortly and it will be running Note 4 TouchWiz Lollipop firmware. At the set up wizard of skip WiFi otherwise you will experience problems.