Yes, you heard it right. Many people go head over heels to delete the pre-installed apps from their iPhone. But it was not possible till now. As iPhone upgraded from iOS 9 to iOS 10, it brought a brand new feature for which people were waiting desperately.
You can delete the default apps from home screen in iPhone X. As iPhone doesn’t provide external memory card option, the users completely depend on internal memory. There are some built-in apps which aren’t used by users at the same time which can’t be deleted from the phone like third-party apps.
These default apps usually create a mess on phones with their presence. You can delete nearly 23 apps from your device.
List of Apps that Can be Deleted
- Find my Friends
- iCloud Drive
- iTunes store
- Watch app
- Voice Memos
- Videos or TV
Removing all these apps will utmost give you a space of 150-200 MB according to Apple. But the data of these apps will save a lot more than expected.
In the above list, there are some apps that you had never used but are present on your home screen since years, just remove them without any second thought. But there will be some apps that you may use once in a while and some apps are used regularly so know the consequences that you may face before removing the app. Keep on reading to know what happens to your phone after removing some of the apps.
How to Remove an Inbuilt App on iPhone X
The process of removing an inbuilt app is similar to removing the third-party applications.
- Touch and hold an app lightly.
- Wait until the apps get into wiggle mode.
- Tap on the X mark present above the app icons.
- The app that you don’t want will be removed.
How to Reinstall the Apps
Reinstalling the apps is similar to removing apps.
- Go to the Appstore.
- Enter the App name that you want to install in the search box, make sure that the spelling is correct.
- Install the app.
Situations That Arise When You Uninstall Defaults Apps
- Removal of contact app won’t remove the contact details. You can still find them on your phone.
- If you want to remove watch app from your iPhone which is paired with an Apple Watch, then the app gives a warning before removing the app and asks for your permission again.
- In spite of removing FaceTime app, you can still make calls to Phone app or contacts
- Removal of iBooks, Podcasts, Maps or Music won’t allow you to use them with Carplay
- If you want to remove calculator, you won’t be able to see it in control center.
- Removal of Stocks or Weather app will make them completely vanish from your iPhone X completely and even on your Apple Watch.
- Removal of music app may remove some of the audio files from phone completely
- If you have an Apple Watch linked to your device, the removal of the app from iPhone X will remove the app from Watch too.
The removal of an app will completely remove it data unless it is linked up with any cloud, if you download songs using iCloud and delete the music app, you still can listen to the songs that you have brought. Same goes for contacts and other information. If you delete the app from your phone, you can still use the data if it is linked with iCloud.