CyanogenMod 12 Nightly build now supports HTC One M8, the flagship device of HTC in the last year. It is based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and has all the features of it, such as Calls, Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, Camera and several other features. A few issues are expected due to the fact that the ROM is still in development. Based on the latest test the CyanogenMod 12 Nightly build has result to be stable enough, and you can use it as a daily driver without any problem.
Thi version of CyanogenMod is more stable that the previous version and has all the optimizations and features you may want to experience on your phone. If you want to Update your HTC One M8 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop using CyanogenMod 12 nightly, go ahead to the following installation guide. We have provided a step by step tutorial to make it easy for you to install the ROM on your HTC One M8.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. To do it go to Settings > About Phone > Build Number. Tap seven times on it and a message will appear saying “You are now a developer”. Under Settings a new menu will appear named Developer Options. Under Developer Options you can enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure your phone has at least 70% battery so it will not go dead during the procedure. It it goes dead will result in bricking the device.
- The Bootloader should be unlocked.
- Your HTC One M8 should be Rooted and the latest version of Custom Recovery should be installed.
- This ROM is available only for HTC One M8. Flashing it on other device may cause soft bricking.
- Before continuing with the installation make sure to do a fully backup of your phone, so even if anything goes wrong you still can access your data and restore them immediately.
Note: This guide involves in flashing files like ROM and Recovery. We are not responsible for anything happens to your phone, so do it with your own risk.
Make sure to set up ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK.
How To Install CyanogenMod 12 Nightly On HTC One M8
- Download the files from the link above and move them to the root folder of SDcard.
- Put your phone in Bootloader/Fastboot Mode. You cando it by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Button.
- In Fastboot Mode navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory and open a command prompt. To do it hold Shift and Right Click.
- Type in Command Promt the following code: fastboot flash boot.img and press Enter.
- Type the following command: fastboot reboot and press enter.
- Follow on-screen instructions and selecy bootloader. Then go to Recovery.
- In Recovery Mode navigate to wipe data/factory reset and use the Power button to select.
- Then wipe cache by performing wipe cache partition.
- Wipe Dalvik Cache to avoid boot loops.
- Select Install zip from sdcard and choose the zipe file you downloaded.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- In the same way flash Google Gapps.
The first boot might take more than five minutes to boot normally. It is nothing to worry. Once the phone is turned on you can enjoy the features and optimization that only CyanogenMod knows how to bring to us.