LG is one of the most reputed companies in the world, dealing with electronic products. LG smartphones are quite popular and they have a fair amount of reputation in the market. However, like any other brands, LG mobiles are not devoid of bugs and errors.
One of the most common errors that has been found on LG G3 and G4 is ‘bootloop’. Users from all over the world have complained about this issue and it seems to have increased progressively. However, the good news is that there is a fix to LG G3 and G4 bootloop.
If you want to fix LG G3 Bootloop, then the following section of this article might prove to be quite helpful to unbrick the LG G3 and G4.
What is Bootloop?
Your LG G3 or G4 could have a bootloop problem if it unexpectedly turns off and doesn’t make it to the home screen of Android. It would keep on rebooting.
There are two different ways to unbrick your LG G3 and G4. If your device is soft bricked you can easily fix it by following the steps below:
- Download LG PC Suite. When you launch the program it will download the USB Drivers too.
- Turn off your device.
- Plug the phone to the computer and press and hold the Volume Up button to boot the phone into download mode.
- Once the phone boots into Download Mode, open LG PC Suite.
- Tap on “Repair” and follow all the steps.
Sometimes bootlop might not be a software issue hence it will brick the phone completely. Therefore, your handset is now useless. As far as the reason for this error is concerned, it has been diagnosed as a fault with soldering of a few connectors attached to the main board of the device. This means that re-flashing the software is not going to help in fixing this problem.
As per reports from users from all over the world, that it issue arises after the handset becomes extremely hot. If you have games installed in your phone that used your location and mobile data, then it can heat up your LG G3 and G4. Besides, there are many other reasons which are responsible for generating excessive heat in your handset.
Can it be fixed by the user?
There is a possibility that your phone is out of warranty when this issue started arising. So what option do you have?
There have been instances where people managed to get their phones working by either freezing or baking them. This is however not the best way to go about it, neither it is a permanent fix. Reports have suggested that this option has been quite successful, but then again, there are chances that your phone might get damaged physically. Mobile handsets are not meant to be baked in the oven!
How to fix the LG G3, G4 Bootloop?
Here are a couple of steps you need to follow to fix to fix LG G4 Bootloop. It is also applicable in the case of G3.
- Open up the Phone: Open the cover of the phone using a soft plastic tool. Make sure that you don’t damage the edge of the phone
- Disconnect the Connectors: In the next step, you will have to disconnect all the connectors. There are a total of 3 connectors you need to take care of, Rear Camera. Front Camera, and USB Port
- Bring the Circuit Board Out: Once you have disconnected all the connectors, it is now time to bring the circuit board out of the plastic casing. This step would be quite easy as you have already disconnected the connectors. All you need to do is to use the same plastic tool and lift an edge of the circuit board. After that remove the heat shield very carefully.
- Apply Heat: After you have removed the heat shield, take a hair dryer or a blow dryer and for 10 to 15 minutes apply heat to the processor. Make sure that the dryer is not brought very close to the processor. After applying heat for 15 minutes, reassemble your phone and test it.
If you have performed the mentioned steps properly, then the chances are quite high that the boot loop issue would get fixed. However, if the problem still persists, in that case, keep on repeating the process. It might take a couple of tries.
If your LG G3 or G4 is within warranty, then you don’t need to go through so much of trouble. All you need to do is to visit a service center. They will take care of the rest.